Skip to main content

Rain Again

Rain!! More rain is falling to cause more trouble for everyone, to make life miserable and food prices rise, the school and Easter holidays to ruin. Rain can be a blessing in small doses but this year the weather and Mother Nature have lost the plot to come up with an out of control damage plan, preparing for next year when some are saying the world will come to an end, or do they men there will be drastic changes and we'll finally have peace with everyone, no more wars about religion, or for power.

I remember another time where floods surrounded the town, all roads cut in every direction, with trains the only way out. The inlaws had come to stay at the right time so they were there to witness the downfall of their son, no way could they blame me for what had happened.

Didn't think to ask my husband when he arrived home from work with a brand new rifle and a movie camera, I was never told by him how he came by either items until the day I returned home to find both his parents in a flap. I was greeted with the information the police had visited to search the house for the two items, the police had arrested him to take him to the police station. There he was charged with stealing, not for the first time, so way went the job, our home, where we were given one week to vacate, because he had taken parcels he was there to protect and make sure they arrived at their destination.

When he returned home he had to impart with the news, life was fast going down the drain, no way to leave except by train, I didn't say a word, I knew before his return that would be the result, I walked out to the car to go collect boxes ready to pack what belongings we owned. One good thing came from this was the pub wouldn't profit from us any more because we were leaving town. Surely we would have more money but to no avail. The children would have been hungry if I hadn't given them some of my share and I snacked on less substantial food.

But worse was to come. When we arrived at our destination life grew more stressful, less money, and the only place we could find to rent was full of fleas and cockroaches big enough to carry you away, the place should have been condemned years ago. Family life when down the gurgle when he started acting as though he wasn't a married man and hung out with his old drinking buddies and spending money like a millionaire.  The crunch came when the company came to take the care because there wasn't any money to pay the payments, so I handed over the key and told the guy to take it. It wasn't his fault there wasn't any money, I was the one who spent it all, was his way of not taking the blame. So I packed and left. He thought I wouldn't leave if he stopped me from taking the children. But I did, even though it was the hardest thing I have ever done but this was more to prove to him and his family that they were the ones wrong all the time. To all of them I was a rotten mother. They soon found out different when I was no longer there to blame.

Between them they couldn't handle the problems of their own making. His mother only wanted the granddaughter, not the grandson, left to deal with the two was a too much, he was running scared in the event I spoke of what had happened with the abuse I had received, so he send a message to the person who knew where to find me to say our daughter had been killed on the way home from school so I would return to the life of hell I had escaped. But I had relatives who I rang to find out if the story was true and eas told it was a pack of lies. So I made plans to go collect my children and return to my new home with them which I had a lot of help with to regain my children before too much damage was done to their life but not quite soon enough. But that can be another story.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Waters.

Dash it!! The power, or the computer, cut the power and wiped out what I had written, not of it saved except the title, so I have to go back to the drawing board. So here is a different version of what I had started but in poem form. This is about a lagoon where we used to pump water to fill out tanks when no rain fell. The surface of the water Was as smooth as glass, Not a ripple to be seen. The smoothness broken, By wind or rain. No birds dare to swim Disturb the surface of the water. No animals approached, The deep water of the lagoon. Their life would be at risk, To quench their thirst there Which would be their last. Never to be seen again. Not a sound could be heard, On or around the lagoon. The Bunyip would raise His big hairy arm above the water To drag the unwary invader, Down the bottom to a watery grave. Trucks, boats, and cattle sank, Beneath the surface of the lagoon. No one dared to enter the water, To retrieve their possessions. Everyone was afraid of the big hairy

Evolving Tomato Plant

The years rolled by but the pain never seemed to diminish. Stella couldn't fight off the depression which had settled in her life. Her devoted family had been supportive. Joyful. Until the abysmal day their daughter,Sue Ellen, went missing on the prairie. Sue Ellen had wandered away from her home while her mother had been busy working in the garden. When Sue Ellen was born she'd become the apple of her mother's eye. She had golden curls. Her eyes brighter than the blue of the ocean. She had the look of an angel. Sue Ellen brought much joy to her family. On the fateful day in June with the ghostly mist rolling over the prairie, Stella looked up from her work. She searched for Sue Ellen but she no longer played where she had been, when Stella began her work. Stella dropped her garden fork from her lifeless fingers. “ Sue Ellen. Sue Ellen.” Stella ran between all the flower beds trying to find her daughter. Sue Ellen didn't answer her mother's call. S

Spring flowers

These are a couple of my flowers in bloom now. I have been trying to weed out the winter weeds to bring my gardens back to shape. My window of opportunity to do this is closing fast. The rain is impeding my progress. And pain. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday to see about having a hip replacement. These are another two rugs I have been crocheting to go to charities. I am working on a round one and have been building different patterned squares to fit together when I have enough made. I have to go to replenish my stock of wool before I have to go to hospital. I will be unable to drive for a few weeks.                   Nails. Not needles. Craft work. Today. Has changed since I was a child. More ways to do the same work. To work with a few stitches in another manner. Many types of cotton. Or Wool. Sizes in hooks. And needles. Every item you need is available in the shops. My mother used knitting needles. I was never allowed t