Skip to main content

Journey On Hold

Sorry but the journey through is on hold for tonight, because I had one of those night's where the brain has been occupied all day on different parts of my daily schedule, I've only had a few hours sleep. I heard the grandfather clock strike one in the morning. Must of fallen to sleep, finally, then woken with the rising of the sun, for a change, and with the birds making a noise. Not that I'm complaining about the sun, this year it has been as rare ans hen's teeth. With the coming of the sun though, we have the rising of the lawn, needing to start lawn mowers to cut it before the next downfall of rain pelts down once again.

So far this has been an interesting day. I was trying to catch up with my lessons on writing on the computer, there came a knock to the door, I answered it to find the guy and his young daughter there with sad looks, some how he had locked them out of the house. The wife was at work. He came to ring his wife to bring home a key to let them in. Told him to hide a key somewhere he could have one outside to let him in if he did the same thing again. Told him losing the key must be a family trait, his grandfather did the same thing on a few occasions.

I went to visit my aunt at the nursing home behind me, she has had a couple of cancer spots cut out of her leg and has to rest while the skin graft heals. She wouldn't have had any rest at home, her husband she would have to cook for and keep the house clean, plus all the other work. My uncle will be 91 in June. My aunt is a few years younger than him.

Then I went off to hoy. Had a reasonable afternoon. I won some hand of hoy and a few prizes on the cent sale table. One was a dozen eggs with bacon slices. And four large rich chocolate mud cake muffins. The top of these huge muffins is layered with thick chocolate icing. There's only a small problem, I don't eat rich foods. The lady next door, who is like a sister, wasn't home to give them to her this afternoon, so I'll have to catch her in the morning. Her grandchildren, or her husband, if she is lucky to get in first, will enjoy them. The other prize was a packet of not sweet biscuits I'll be able to enjoy with cheese and tomato.

The eyes are closing so I'm closing without any drastic stories for today.















Easter isn't many sleeps away. School is out on Friday for a few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring flowers

These are a couple of my flowers in bloom now. I have been trying to weed out the winter weeds to bring my gardens back to shape. My window of opportunity to do this is closing fast. The rain is impeding my progress. And pain. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday to see about having a hip replacement. These are another two rugs I have been crocheting to go to charities. I am working on a round one and have been building different patterned squares to fit together when I have enough made. I have to go to replenish my stock of wool before I have to go to hospital. I will be unable to drive for a few weeks.                   Nails. Not needles. Craft work. Today. Has changed since I was a child. More ways to do the same work. To work with a few stitches in another manner. Many types of cotton. Or Wool. Sizes in hooks. And needles. Every item you need is available in the shops. My mother used knitting needles. I was never allowed t

Still Waters.

Dash it!! The power, or the computer, cut the power and wiped out what I had written, not of it saved except the title, so I have to go back to the drawing board. So here is a different version of what I had started but in poem form. This is about a lagoon where we used to pump water to fill out tanks when no rain fell. The surface of the water Was as smooth as glass, Not a ripple to be seen. The smoothness broken, By wind or rain. No birds dare to swim Disturb the surface of the water. No animals approached, The deep water of the lagoon. Their life would be at risk, To quench their thirst there Which would be their last. Never to be seen again. Not a sound could be heard, On or around the lagoon. The Bunyip would raise His big hairy arm above the water To drag the unwary invader, Down the bottom to a watery grave. Trucks, boats, and cattle sank, Beneath the surface of the lagoon. No one dared to enter the water, To retrieve their possessions. Everyone was afraid of the big hairy

Evolving Tomato Plant

The years rolled by but the pain never seemed to diminish. Stella couldn't fight off the depression which had settled in her life. Her devoted family had been supportive. Joyful. Until the abysmal day their daughter,Sue Ellen, went missing on the prairie. Sue Ellen had wandered away from her home while her mother had been busy working in the garden. When Sue Ellen was born she'd become the apple of her mother's eye. She had golden curls. Her eyes brighter than the blue of the ocean. She had the look of an angel. Sue Ellen brought much joy to her family. On the fateful day in June with the ghostly mist rolling over the prairie, Stella looked up from her work. She searched for Sue Ellen but she no longer played where she had been, when Stella began her work. Stella dropped her garden fork from her lifeless fingers. “ Sue Ellen. Sue Ellen.” Stella ran between all the flower beds trying to find her daughter. Sue Ellen didn't answer her mother's call. S