Skip to main content

Sand Sculptures

After breakfast. We made our way back to the Gold Coast to view the sand sculptures. Clive let us off. Not many places for buses to park. With walkers. And walking sticks. Slowly. We made our way along the broad walk to look at the completed works. And the ones which the artists were working on. The work was under cover of a tent to protect them from the elements. And destruction of any kind.

Here are the photos I took while on the walk. Scenery. And sculptures.

The blue building is called Skypoint. We went to it in the afternoon. It is 77 floors up. Then. If you have the nerve after the jet ride to the viewing area. You can don a special suit with a harness to then step from the building to walk about 289 steps up to the spire. Sorry. Not my piece of cake. I was able to look at the horizon. But not. DOWN. Didn't want to lose my lovely lunch.


The rest are of the Gold Coast.

Have to stop for now. I have to go out. A 93 year old friend is waiting to be collected on my way to play hoy. The morning has flown past while I have been doing photos, and typing up work I did while watching a police story on TV. Since I am changing tact with my writing, I need to watch some different genre. I prefer to do so on the web because there isn't any adds. I can really concentrate on how to put things together.


Popular posts from this blog


This was taken when we went on a bus trip.

The animals moved around the shopping center. There were a few different shaped ones. Kept the children busy while the parents shopped.

A few days after I had hip surgery, I had this surreal vision. May have been from the effects of the anesthetic. Or the tablets I were given.

I had been a sleep. I seemed to be in a different place to the ward I was in. The room had shrunk to a two bed size. There was a person in the bed next to mine. I could hear breathing but no movement on the bed.

A doorway led to a single bed room. There lay a female of aboriginal descent. The room was mostly in darkness but for a small amount of light from the street outside the hospital.

I could hear cars. Slamming of doors. Then came knocking on the outer door to the hospital. The opening and closing of the door. Footsteps thundering up the stairs. A shadowy figure passed through the doorway to my room then disappeared into the other room. The person stretche…

Time to slow down

At the end of last year, I had to change doctor. Mine was leaving town. I had only been checking in every six months for repeat scripts. I didn't complain about what I was feeling because I felt he had lost interest. "You must remember you are getting older," was one of his comments.

I did find a new doctor at a different clinic. Boy. What an eye opener. I didn't have to tell him what pains I had. He watched me walk into the room and the questions began. I was examined. What I'd been told was wrong with my muscles was wrong. I nearly jumped from the bed when he moved my leg the wrong way. He listened to my chest. Took my blood pressure. Then began typing on the computer. Pages came spewing out of the printer. I had to go for blood tests. X-rays. Scans. With each result I had to go for more.

The only test I didn't like was the stress test. I didn't mind the tunnel scan. Except for being injected with the dye. The next day I had to return for the second pa…

Edgar turned 94

I have been slack with keeping up because I was busy writing a story for last term. I finally finished it on the last day. The piece turned into a long short story of 10,000+ words.

I'm posting photos of my uncle who turned 94 on the 30th June. Family joined at a restaurant to help him celebrate. I nearly didn't make it.

I had exercise class in the morning. Didn't make it. I stopped on my way to do a message. On arriving back at the car, water had pooled beneath the front of the car, and was still dripping. Believing a hose had burst, or the radiator had sprung a leak, I headed to visit my mechanic. I left the car with him.

Thank God for friends. I had a friend's car in the spare shed. I didn't make the exercise class but I did make the lunch.

The bad news of the day was I had to have a new radiator. The inside of the old one had begun to disintegrate. Must have been in the car since new so I can't complain of the expense.

This week I'm trying to catch up w…