Skip to main content

Happy New Year.



Santa and his mother. He drives the bus for our trips and she cooks the cakes for our morning teas. This was taken at out Christmas Party. Some went on the Christmas Bus Trip. I decided to stay home to rest.

My story of my Christmas. Some might say boring. But I've enjoyed the time spent resting, and catching up on jobs forgotten when I had a virus, and broken toe. At least I have found the plants among the weeds.

                                    Argh. Humbug.

Argh. Humbug.
Christmas has been. And gone.
All the hard work spend to celebrate one day.
All my cheer had left before the day arrived.
Joyful was washed away with exhaustion. The heat zapped away any remaining hope and little energy I had left.
Sound like I'd been preparing to have a house full of family.
No. This year I decided to chill out.
Not slave over a hot stove.
Not overeat.
I turned down all invitation to be with family. And friends.
The body told me to rest, and relax. To rejuvenate the system to be able to carry on into the mew year.
I believe Scrooge had the idea partly right. Except for working too hard.
I rearranged my time between pulling weeds. Watching houses. Computer work. With sleep and resting.
Not so exhausted, now. I'm catching up on my work.
I've decided to stock up what I need for Christmas well before the summer arrives. Have everything ready to serve out to eat. Cold. Less work.
The other option which came to mind was plan a holiday in a cooler climate. All service included.
No cooking.
No cleaning up.
No exhaustion, or stress.
The muscles won't be complaining of being over worked.
Even though I live on my own I don't have very much alone time. There always seems to be someone wanting a piece of my time. Time I might have to spend doing what I like to do.
I've sorted and filed all photos taken this year.
Edited a novel I have been working on. And have continued with the story.
Added work to one of my blogs.
Set more seeds to shot to give me more different coloured Desert Roses.
And still I haven't come up with a past, present, or future trait for a family Christmas.
This year, my Christmas Motel had a “CLOSED” sign on the door.
I ate when I felt hungry.
Slept when my body told me.
Worked in the garden when there was cool time.
Tried not to burn the skin when I stayed longer outside than I should have.
The battery is on charge to start my round of places to be in the New Year.
I even had an unexpected, flying visit from my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson, this morning.
Now, I've brought in the washing. I think I might take a “Nanny Nap” while the weather is at its hottest.
Maybe the brain will be back in working mode after the New Year.

Happy New Year.



These are Sunflowers grown by Mother Santa. Mine are only half the size. The seeds shot where I emptied the bird seed mess in the garden. I didn't intend for them to grow. I have left the plant grow for the wild birds to eat the seeds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring flowers

These are a couple of my flowers in bloom now. I have been trying to weed out the winter weeds to bring my gardens back to shape. My window of opportunity to do this is closing fast. The rain is impeding my progress. And pain. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday to see about having a hip replacement.


These are another two rugs I have been crocheting to go to charities. I am working on a round one and have been building different patterned squares to fit together when I have enough made. I have to go to replenish my stock of wool before I have to go to hospital. I will be unable to drive for a few weeks.

                  Nails. Not needles.
Craft work. Today. Has changed since I was a child.
More ways to do the same work. To work with a few stitches in another manner.
Many types of cotton. Or Wool.
Sizes in hooks. And needles.
Every item you need is available in the shops.
My mother used knitting needles. I was never allowed to touch them.
“You’ll break them,” I was told. “Ne…

Finished

I have finished the blue Poncho for the lady who ordered one to be made is different shades of blue. I don't want to do another for awhile. This pattern I had to concentrate to keep the right amount of stitches on each peak. I was still counting them in my sleep. Now. I can go back to making boring squares with the left over bits of wool. I am doing some today to have a spell from work. Once the plumber has been to do his job, I will have to get back to finish my cleaning. And weeding of the garden.





The Magpies have brought their young home to be fed. They are so entertaining. Can be noisy at times when begging to be fed. The young squabble like any family for attention. Fight to get their own way. Yesterday. One of the young wanted to be fed first. The father went to put food in its mouth. The other one ran at it to push it over the side of the steps. Both fell to the grass fighting. The father left holding the meat. He look at me like he was disgusted with their behavior. I sto…

Vision

This was taken when we went on a bus trip.

The animals moved around the shopping center. There were a few different shaped ones. Kept the children busy while the parents shopped.

Vision.
A few days after I had hip surgery, I had this surreal vision. May have been from the effects of the anesthetic. Or the tablets I were given.

I had been a sleep. I seemed to be in a different place to the ward I was in. The room had shrunk to a two bed size. There was a person in the bed next to mine. I could hear breathing but no movement on the bed.

A doorway led to a single bed room. There lay a female of aboriginal descent. The room was mostly in darkness but for a small amount of light from the street outside the hospital.

I could hear cars. Slamming of doors. Then came knocking on the outer door to the hospital. The opening and closing of the door. Footsteps thundering up the stairs. A shadowy figure passed through the doorway to my room then disappeared into the other room. The person stretche…