Skip to main content

Sand Sculptures

After breakfast. We made our way back to the Gold Coast to view the sand sculptures. Clive let us off. Not many places for buses to park. With walkers. And walking sticks. Slowly. We made our way along the broad walk to look at the completed works. And the ones which the artists were working on. The work was under cover of a tent to protect them from the elements. And destruction of any kind.

Here are the photos I took while on the walk. Scenery. And sculptures.

The blue building is called Skypoint. We went to it in the afternoon. It is 77 floors up. Then. If you have the nerve after the jet ride to the viewing area. You can don a special suit with a harness to then step from the building to walk about 289 steps up to the spire. Sorry. Not my piece of cake. I was able to look at the horizon. But not. DOWN. Didn't want to lose my lovely lunch.

                                                                        Skypoint

The rest are of the Gold Coast.







































Have to stop for now. I have to go out. A 93 year old friend is waiting to be collected on my way to play hoy. The morning has flown past while I have been doing photos, and typing up work I did while watching a police story on TV. Since I am changing tact with my writing, I need to watch some different genre. I prefer to do so on the web because there isn't any adds. I can really concentrate on how to put things together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crumbin Sanctuary Pt 2

Missed a day. was busy typing up the script I had been working on. This morning, I have been out doing some weeding. And remodeling parts of the garden with plants that don't need much water. The sun became hot so I came inside before I became burnt. And so I wouldn't doing more damage to the areas of the body which has been aching. So I'm setting some more photos to upload while I type up more work. These are more I took at the sanctuary. The first three are paintings on the tunnel the little train passes through. And where the people walk to reach a different section of the park. This selection I took while I took the train ride around the park. The legs were aching so I opted for the ride. I had enough trouble lifting my right leg up a short distance to sit in the open carriage. You can stop at different sections to visit different attractions. This is ...

Vision

This was taken when we went on a bus trip. The animals moved around the shopping center. There were a few different shaped ones. Kept the children busy while the parents shopped. Vision. A few days after I had hip surgery, I had this surreal vision. May have been from the effects of the anesthetic. Or the tablets I were given. I had been a sleep. I seemed to be in a different place to the ward I was in. The room had shrunk to a two bed size. There was a person in the bed next to mine. I could hear breathing but no movement on the bed. A doorway led to a single bed room. There lay a female of aboriginal descent. The room was mostly in darkness but for a small amount of light from the street outside the hospital. I could hear cars. Slamming of doors. Then came knocking on the outer door to the hospital. The opening and closing of the door. Footsteps thundering up the stairs. A shadowy figure passed through the doorway to my room then disappeared into the other room. The p...

Time to slow down

At the end of last year, I had to change doctor. Mine was leaving town. I had only been checking in every six months for repeat scripts. I didn't complain about what I was feeling because I felt he had lost interest. "You must remember you are getting older," was one of his comments. I did find a new doctor at a different clinic. Boy. What an eye opener. I didn't have to tell him what pains I had. He watched me walk into the room and the questions began. I was examined. What I'd been told was wrong with my muscles was wrong. I nearly jumped from the bed when he moved my leg the wrong way. He listened to my chest. Took my blood pressure. Then began typing on the computer. Pages came spewing out of the printer. I had to go for blood tests. X-rays. Scans. With each result I had to go for more. The only test I didn't like was the stress test. I didn't mind the tunnel scan. Except for being injected with the dye. The next day I had to return for the seco...