Skip to main content

Easter Holiday

At least the weather has stayed fine in my area but not to say that we'll make the whole way through without a shower of rain, for sure it's possible there might be some tomorrow due to it being Anzac day. I am taking my 90 year old friend up to walk in the march.
I have been working on different poetry. My next section is Haiku. 

The first poem is one written by another person and I found it on the net, but the two following are of my own making, the reason for this is the exercise we had to do was "Cut and Replace". We had to cut the original into sections and rearrange it to make our own words. Hope you like them.


I loved the child in him
so innocent and sweet
The mischief in his eyes
the blush upon his cheek
The tender way he spoke
that showed me that he cared
The touch of his warm hand
that gently touched my hair
The smiles that we shared
that filled my life with glee
For when I was with him
I found the child in me
           *******
The touch of the blush I loved
and sweet the child in me
The smiles in his eyes
that we shared so innocent
I was with him that filled my life
The tender way that gentle touch
my hair that he cared
The mischief upon his cheek
the child in him I found
For when he spoke with glee
his warm hand that showed me
                **********
His finger feathered my crimson cheek
I adored the charming infant
The impudence smile touched his blue eyes
so innocuous he pulled at my bleeding heart strings
He entered my life blessed with love
the affectionate way his fingers feathered my cheeks
The roguishness shone upon his cheeks
the infant brought back lost memories
I remembered another time a sad place
of cold fingers tugging at my lamentable heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crumbin Sanctuary Pt 2

Missed a day. was busy typing up the script I had been working on. This morning, I have been out doing some weeding. And remodeling parts of the garden with plants that don't need much water. The sun became hot so I came inside before I became burnt. And so I wouldn't doing more damage to the areas of the body which has been aching. So I'm setting some more photos to upload while I type up more work. These are more I took at the sanctuary. The first three are paintings on the tunnel the little train passes through. And where the people walk to reach a different section of the park. This selection I took while I took the train ride around the park. The legs were aching so I opted for the ride. I had enough trouble lifting my right leg up a short distance to sit in the open carriage. You can stop at different sections to visit different attractions. This is ...

Vision

This was taken when we went on a bus trip. The animals moved around the shopping center. There were a few different shaped ones. Kept the children busy while the parents shopped. Vision. A few days after I had hip surgery, I had this surreal vision. May have been from the effects of the anesthetic. Or the tablets I were given. I had been a sleep. I seemed to be in a different place to the ward I was in. The room had shrunk to a two bed size. There was a person in the bed next to mine. I could hear breathing but no movement on the bed. A doorway led to a single bed room. There lay a female of aboriginal descent. The room was mostly in darkness but for a small amount of light from the street outside the hospital. I could hear cars. Slamming of doors. Then came knocking on the outer door to the hospital. The opening and closing of the door. Footsteps thundering up the stairs. A shadowy figure passed through the doorway to my room then disappeared into the other room. The p...

Time to slow down

At the end of last year, I had to change doctor. Mine was leaving town. I had only been checking in every six months for repeat scripts. I didn't complain about what I was feeling because I felt he had lost interest. "You must remember you are getting older," was one of his comments. I did find a new doctor at a different clinic. Boy. What an eye opener. I didn't have to tell him what pains I had. He watched me walk into the room and the questions began. I was examined. What I'd been told was wrong with my muscles was wrong. I nearly jumped from the bed when he moved my leg the wrong way. He listened to my chest. Took my blood pressure. Then began typing on the computer. Pages came spewing out of the printer. I had to go for blood tests. X-rays. Scans. With each result I had to go for more. The only test I didn't like was the stress test. I didn't mind the tunnel scan. Except for being injected with the dye. The next day I had to return for the seco...